Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Am I going deaf?

I got a sudden tough blow to the side of my head, right on my ear. Immediately afterwards I could feel sharp pain and a high pitch noise caused by the blow. The noise and pain went away after about a minute, but I couldn't hear much with the ear that got hit. It was the same feeling you get when you change altitude and pressure in the ear differs from that of outside and yawning, chewing gum, or swallowing usually fixes it. But this time none of that worked and when I tried to fix it by pinching my nose and trying to blow out, I could feel the air escaping through the injured ear. Needless to say, that never happened to me before and now I think there is a small tear or hole in my eardrum. I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow, but in the mean time I'd like to know what you guys think.
Answer:
Plugging your nose and blowing air out your ears is a good way to blow your eardrum so be careful with that. I'm not sure if your going deaf though, you could have just injured your eardrum but its definitely good that your going to the doctor. That's not something you want to mess around with. A friend of mine had a head injury and it tore a hole in her eardrum and she can still hear so its probably nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net