Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ankle Brace Please help!!!?

I sprained my ankle and 6 days later it is still painful to move it around and up and down and to the side. It also hurts to walk on it. I am not using crutches but I am using an ankle brace and I don't know how long to use it for. It also still appears swollen slightly. It is bigger and rounder than my other ankle and It hurts when I am elevating it. I'm just wondering because I am 14 and in middle school. and I have to take P.E but I am probably going to get a note because taking P.E a few days ago really irritated it. Also I hurt it when I fell down the stairs please help me.
Answer:
Yes you should have your parents take you to a doctor because there is a possibility that there is a fracture in your ankle. I would recommend that you see an orthopedic doctor because they will be able to properly diagnose the problem with your ankle and give you the best treatment options for your ankle. In the meantime, place an ice bag on the area that hurts and is swollen, take an over the counter anti-inflammatory(Advil, Aleve, etc), and try to walk as little as possible. Wear the ankle brace for a couple of weeks because that will help protect the ligaments (assuming its just a sprain) and allow them to heal. Ask your doctor to send you to physical therapy to properly rehab the ankle so you dont have problems with it in the future.
Sweetie,
Have your parents take you to a doctor. Have you told them about it yet? It could be broken only an x-ray will tell for sure. Please go to the doctor and get it taken care of.
Good luck to you.
Has it been x-rayed? It could be a number of things wrong. When I was 17 I fell in a P.E. class and tore the ligaments in my ankle. I walked on crutches and with a cane for a long time. I am now 47 and I still have problems with it.
yes it could be broke, and what you are saying sounds like normal s/s of a sprain/strain. But it sounds like you have not been to the doc for this and you really need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net