Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Any Advice For FROZEN SHOULDER?

I am a 56 year old man and have been having pain in my shoulder for the past 5 months. After an MRI scan, I have been diagonsed with tendonitis and a frozen shoulder.
They tell me is is caused by inflammation but can offer no treatment to ease the pain other than an operation. It is bearable during the day when i am mobile..but at night it is terrible and i cant cant get any decent sleep. ( I dont lay on it )
I just wondered if anyone out there has had the same problem and have you got any suggestions that might help me...i am having physio twice a week, but its not helping. Thanks for your time.
Answer:
Hi there,I am a Massage Therapist preaching to myself as well as sharing with you.
I also have had problems with my shoulder, especially the right, and for a couple of years.
Without knowing much more about YOUR shoulder, I could go into endless causes for the problems, which would take up a log ot room and probably bore you if I don;t hit YOURS really quickly.
I'll be glad to share what I know and have experienced in shoulder problems AND solutions. Contact me at my website, 'source'.
pain killer and gentle regular exercise
Consult a doctor.
put it in the microwave
try pernaton gel. You can get it in any health food shop or pharmacy
try glucosamine sulphate from health food shops - it helps arthritis so it might help your shoulder - are you sure its a frozen shoulder, i had one a few years ago but after rest and pain killers it was ok after a week or so.
heat, massage %26 have the surgery 70 yr old did it helped
i have a frozen shoulder from a car crash i was in 3 years ago. the nurse at my doctors said to keep it moving if you rest it it gets worse. she told me to put my hand on my shoulder as support then make circles with your arm first one way then the other keep it mobile.
Dear Frozen,
I empathize! After a "Slip %26 Fall" I suffered from "Frozen sholder" for 3 years. I finally found a couple physicians (Pain%26 Craino-sacral) who availed me the opportunity to drive, place my hand in my back pocket, and utilize my arm in ways we thought were not possible. It took a while but I have never had a problem with my arm since. I too had been told there was nothing that could be done short of surgery prior. (I still peck at typing though-small price to pay for the gain.) To the point. INTENSIVE DEEP TISSUE THERAPY which included... 8-10 steroidal shots into the atrified (frozen) area and the manual breakage of fibroid tissue which builds up in and around the muscle rendering it inoperable and increases pain, inflamation, etc.. to ther area. It is a bit painful, adds a bit of weight gain (quite a bit if you need a lot done) But after the weight, pain, and therapy was over I lost the weight and am sooo grateful for the benefits. I know it may not be the greatest modality if you are into holistic remedies (such as myself) but it is well worth the sacrifice in the long run. (2 yrs therapy vs lifetime of loss and discomfort). My hopes are with you. And may you find the peace you seek! Xeno
You have to work on that shoulder yourself also. Walk the am up a door frame and then stand with both arms on the door frame and lean inside of the room. However ask your medical professionals if this is all right for you to do first.
I too am having the same problem and the simple exercise regime advised by the physiotherapist has not helped me much. I am avoiding drugging myself with more pain killers, NSAIDS and so forth as I am taking medications for my heart also. I am recovering from a mycardial infarction last July 2006. Do link with me if something works out for you. I have a frozen LEFT shoulder with pain on the right shoulder too recently.
go to the ER if your shoulder is frozen
Painkillers %26 Ibuprofen should do the trick,
i am 52 had frozen shoulders 2 years ago had op which is steroid injection and cortozone into shoulder and manipulate shoulder while asleep now completly cured just odd twinge nothing really i also suffer with emphysma
i gave my cousin and a friend some reiki and an Indian head massage but also concentrated around the area of the part of shoulder that was tense, they laughed at me for doing it (as my family think I'm weird for being into complementary therapies) but had been off work for weeks with the pains! well guess what the next day they both called me and said the pain had almost gone and they felt better than they had in weeks!
Tell your doctor you would like a trigger point injection in your shoulder. I am a nurse and this is temporary, but effective relief. It consists of lidocaine(a numbing agent) and a simple steroid such as depo-medrol or kenalog. 1cc of each is drawn up in a syringe and injected into the affected joint. These sometimes alieviate the pain for up to 6 months at a time and is a common procedure at any family doctors office. It is not invasive as a surgery would be but can be more effective that some of the "natural" remedies. Go ahead!! It's like a shot of W-D 40!!!!
i have same and i rub MOVE LAT into it and that allows me a good nights sleep and daytime i use a plastic band to do exercises shown me by physio
I work on a rheumatology ward at my local orthopaedic hospital, we see patients like your self on a regular basis. Surgery is an option but if its too drastic for you then go back to your gp and ask for steroid injections. These are great for frozen shoulders our patients get great relief. I also suffer from it after a lifting injury so i know from experience that they work.
Please dont give up on the physiotherapy it does help to relieve it. I do hope this advice helps you.Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net