Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ankle pain when standing up!?

I'm completely confused. My left ankle hurts on the side facing inward (right side), but only when I stand up. For example, I sit down and watch T.V., stand up and I can barely walk for the pain. BUT after about 10-15 minutes it subsides to a point that I can still walk without limping.
It also hurts if I move it really quickly to make it point to the right.
I don't recall having injured it in any way. It's been going on for about 2 weeks.
Any ideas/suggestions?
Answer:
Overuse may be one cause, sometimes its work related. If there is no distinct swelling/redness you can rule out dislocations/fractures. I can tell you that it may be a muscle strain/ligament sprain or some type of rheumatism but its better to consult a doctor.
Could be Gout - try some black cherry juice and see if it goes away.
Funny that used to be the same with me but then it subsided. My ankle still hurts when I run and log. You're ankle might be infected, or swollen.
Stay off your feet, keep watching lots of TV.
It may be spur. You should take a X-ray photo.
Maybe you should see a doctor. It sounds like a ligament or a tendon . Doesn't sound too serious right now, but it could get worse.

1 comment:

  1. Having experienced multiple episodes of ankle pain over the years, I'd advise getting a professional medical diagnosis as soon as possible ( I got mine from a very good physiotherapist in Newtown, Sydney). It can make a significant difference to treatment effectiveness and recovery times.

    ReplyDelete

vc .net