Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Am I stupid to dance like this?

Yesterday and the day before (Tuesday and Wednesday) I had dress rehearsals for my dance performance. We had one performance this morning and there's one tonight. I had ACL and meniscus repair surgery in September on my left knee, and at rehearsal yesterday, I tripped, fell, and hit my knee (no, NOT while I was dancing) and it started to swell literally right away. My thigh hurt, too, and my mom said she thinks I strained it. In addition to this, I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I wore the knee brace the orthopedist gave me for the rest of the rehearsal and for the performance this morning. Was it stupid of me to dance like that (with the knee, thigh, and plantar fasciitis) or was it probably okay?
Answer:
You wont re-tear the ACL just by bumping your knee and if you rehabed the knee properly then dancing should be fine at this point. The plantar fascitis on the other hand is going to be aggravated with dancing for sure because of the lack of footwear supporting your arch. If the knee is swollen right now then dancing will not allow the knee to heal and the swelling will continue. You should decrease your activity until the knee has no pain or swelling.
Oh man, I hate the be the one to tell you this, but you dont have a career in dancing. As time goes on, you are going to be in more and more pain (although the acl should heal the other injuries may not completely heal). You should consult your doctor before trying anything like dancing or sports just to make sure your body can handle it. Good luck.
yes u r. iv'e had an injury like that. lots of rest and stretching will help.
You should really take care of yourself.. knee and foot problems will only get worse with dancing since alot of pressure is put on both your knees and feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net