Sunday, October 25, 2009

Abnormal X-RAY!! Help...what do you think it could be?

I have been having lower back pains...its to the right of my tailbone, and I had x-rays taken and they said that they were abnormal! Im 19 years old..if that has anything to even do with it!!haha!
Umm.it hurts when I walk around, and when I sit or stand up, and it seems to be getting worse!
They told me that they think it could be something called Spondolethesis ( spelling), but Im not sure if that is it because it is causing me a lot of pain!
I have gone for about three months without going back to the doctor because my hubby is deployed in Iraq and im out of town, so i cant get covered with insurance here!
Answer:
spondylolisthesis is a condition in which on vertebra slides forward on another, kind of dislocating your back. Often this will press on the spinal cord, causing your pain. You need to see a doctor about this, so get some insurance, or go back to wherever you are covered. There should be some kind of program through the military that will cover healthcare for soldiers families.
The word spondylolisthesis is derived from the Greek words spondylo meaning spine and listhesis meaning to slip or slide. Spondylolisthesis is a descriptive term referring to slippage (usually forward) of a vertebra and the spine above it relative to the vertebra below. http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic651.I'm just wondering if this has been picked up why it wasn't followed up at the time? How long until you can get to see your doctor?If you click on the link i've put here there is a whole page with lots of information on this condition.
Its really painful my friend. i have eprienced it when I slipped on or bathroom and that portion hit the floor. You need to consult an orthopedic for that matter. Mine has gone after thre months.
First of all calm down. Spondylolisthesis is malalignment of the vertebral bodies. You can be born with it or it may be from prior trauma. It can cause back pain but it depends on how bad it is and there should be a grade in the report(ie grade 1 or %26lt;25% etc). Since your husband is active duty I assume you have tricare prime. Just call tricare and they can set you up to see someone regardless of where you are.http://www.tricare.mil/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net