Saturday, October 31, 2009

Advice about a scar?

I fell on asphalt a couple of months ago and now I have this big ugly scar on my knee. Is there anyway to get rid of it or at least make it fade? I've seen those topical ointments (Mederma, for example) in the stores but do they work?
Answer:
Massage is the best thing for a scar. The creams and lotions they advertise don't do much except encourage massage because you have to fully rub them into the skin. It's a waste of money if you ask me. I would get some regualr Vitamin E lotion and use that, it won't have much benefit from the lotion itself but will make it easier to massage the area. Massage helps to increase the collagen production which can help reduce the appearance fo the scars. You need to do it twice daily for about 5 minutes.
mederma works
Vitamin E oil works wonders and is over the counter.
Good Luck!
YES. TRY NEOSPORIN
Vitamin E oil. Sold at all drug stores...works like a charm!
I've used mederma, and it works some. You can also try using cocoa butter (what pregnant women use on their bellies to avoid stretch marks) because it makes the skin more elastic, which may help relieve some of the intensity of the scar.
I had a scar and used a patch called "scar guard" that worked pretty well. Its kind of like a big band aid with scar medication in it that you put on the scar and it helps it fade. You can barely see it on me anymore unless you look really hard. You can get it at your local drug store for a fairly decent price.
Rub vitamin E on it
I have found that it depends on how deep the wound was, and how soon you start treatment. I used Mederma on my stretch marks while pregnant and they are lighter in appearance. I have used it on older scars but did not get quite as good as a result. It helped lightened them a little bit, but I have scars that were serious wounds where I needed stitches.
Try MSM Cream or Powder. It was the best working of all the products I used for scars. Also take Vitamin C and Calcium Citrate every day. You can get the good quality MSM from Roex Inc, on their web site. My favorite web site is, we love colors.com.
They do work....use directions on bottle.
Mederma works, but it's expensive. Vitamin E oil does wonders as well. Just rub it on the scar and it will help with the healing, and fading, of the scar.
Aloe from your yard will work as well, and it's free but that's if you have any. But just rub some vitamin E in it and it'll get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net