Saturday, October 31, 2009

After Gall bladder surgery?

Ok i'm 2 months post surgery, i am STILL having Major Heartburn, and neausea, diarreah (spelling) Is that normal?
Answer:
I had my gallbladder removed and I continued to have symptoms also. Its been 11 months and the last time that I had any problems was in November. Although, I still get frequent bowel movements (not necessarily diareah) but you have to go right after you eat. It seems like if I eat something I better be near a bathroom and its not like normal bowel movement) I was told that even after you had th gall bladder removed it can take up to a year for your body to adjust. I have totally changed my diet and feeling better. I also take Nexium on a daily basis and use a digestive enzyme at every meal, so that my pancreas does not have to work overtime. I was hospitalized at least 4-5 more times after the surgery with vomitting spells that would last a three to four days. I would vomit every 1-2 hours. All of that has subsided now, it might just take time. Watch what you eat - don't eat red meat or greasy foods, stay away from alot of dairy products too. Also be aware that alot of people who have their gallbladder removed also become diabetic. It happened to me. Keep your chin up it will get better. I forgot to mention that I was in hospital two times before they figuered that it was that my gall bladder was not working although they could not find stones. They had to do another test becuase the sytems would not go away - that when they realized that my gall bladder was not working and removed it.
Diarrhea is not normally a symptom of gallbladder disease. It seems you were blaming a lot of symptoms on the gallbladder that weren't from that problem. Now you'll have to start over and see what's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net