Saturday, October 31, 2009

After I lift my entire torso is sore and aches, what can i do for relief?

It bothers me even sitting at my desk during work. It makes me very restless and i have a difficult time concentrating.
Answer:
eat a couple of bananas. the potassium helps to dissipate the lactic acid. it won't make you feel better right away, but you'll feel better faster. for more immediate relief, take some motrin.also, make sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough sleep. both are important for muscle recovery.
never lift again.
stretch more its lactic acid build-up and can cause severe cramps.
I get that too sometimes... from dancing though. I just take some ibuprophin or something. It usually helps. But yea I know what you mean, I can't sit still in class sometimes.
It's supposed to feel that way, and it's an indicator that your workout really works. Just as long as the soreness is just the muscles (instead of joints), you'll be fine.How long have you been training? Anyway, just rest, and take a lot of protein to aid muscle recovery. Rest at this stage helps, especially if you want your muscles to grow.
SLooowly build up your endurance for lifting by starting with 20 lbs at a time.
WHile sitting at your desk , also try tightening and holding your muscles tight for a half minute. Then relax them. ALSO very important to do slow stretching through out the day to oxygenate your muscles and loosen tightness. Try raising your arms with hands clasped and alternately pushing your shoulders up, so that you feel the stretching alllllllllll the way down your back. Take ibuprofin for awhile in order to reduce any swelling~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net