Saturday, October 31, 2009

ACL reconstruction surgury?

It's almost been a year since the injury took place. I was playing basketball and came down a little wierd and ended up tearing the MCL and partially tearing/stretching the ACL. My doctor said that I should be ok to continue playing ball as long as I am continually doing physical therapy to rehab it. However, when I run it feels very unstable and I am afraid that it will get worse if anything were to go out again. So I'm wondering what are the chances of a successful ACL reconstruction, about how much the surgury will cost, recovery time, etc. Basically, any information abt. an ACL/MCL injury and surgury. Thanks.
Answer:
my acl was reconstructed on may 25th. The surgery cost $5470 at the surgery center. the mri was $890 and i'm sure my doctor bill is in the mail. I have insurance thank god and have only been out 10%. I go to rehab therapy 3times a week now. I hope to be back at work in 2 weeks (from now). I have to wear a brace and use crutches now but that is standard. I am in no pain. Depending on where you live, i can recommend my surgeon. He is the best in my area and has worked with the best in the country.
my son had this done sveral yrs ago. not sure how much it will cost that depends on your insurance. but the surgury went fine and he was on crutches for about 6 wks had to go thru several weeks of physical therapy. and had to wear a special brace for that time. he got to play his sports the next school yr. this happened in football at the beginning of the school yr and was not able to play any sports that whole yr. but was able to the next yr.try to find a reputable sports ingury dr. good luck
See an orthopedic surgeon. He will ask for an MRI and then decide what to do with you after correlating the MRI findings and your signs and symptoms. He should explain to you in depth about the pros and cons of surgery and non-surgery. If he can't or doesn't, see another doctor.
I suggest that you go a GOOD Orthopedic surgeon who knows knees WELL!!!! Only a few peopel can actually get away with LOTS of rehab and having strong muscles and able to play sports with out surgery. It sounds like to me that you need surgery. Your knee is too unstable and you will risk more damage to the rest of the knee. If your MCL is partially torn, A good knee surgeon whould make you wear a knee brace, and do lOTs of Rehab for 6 to 8 weeks. and then he or she will reconstruct your ACL. Unless your MCL is comepletely shot then you'll have to have it reconstructed along with the ACL. Google ACLinjuries and Reconstruction for ACL. It can be a bit pricely,but it depends who does it and where you go for it and if you have insurance. Good luck . Who's your knee dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net