Sunday, October 25, 2009

About two weeks ago I noticed an elongated oval pink mark on my side near my arm pit.?

The mark was the size of three dimes in a row. I felt nothing at all. My doctor had my blood checked and also found another mark the same shape but much smaller (about the size of a paper clip) several inches lower. He gave me the name of an ointment to rub on them but it had no effect at all so far. I later got a new one even smaller (toothpick size and about one half inch long) right at the edge of my other arm pit. They don't bother me at all but why don't they go away and why are all three oval? They all appear to have a tiny lump near the center but off to one side. My doctor doesn't want to make any comments whatsoever about them and wouldn't even look at them a few days ago when I was there. Very strange! No pain or itch, oval shape, no change in two weeks. Lyme desease test was negative. Brain dead doctor. HELLLLP!!
Answer:
Alien abduction? Probably not...I would bet this is ringworm. Use tinactin or some other over the counter anti-fungal to treat it...Good Luck!
COULD BE A RINGWORM.
What Is Ringworm?
Ringworm, which isn't a worm at all, can affect not only the skin, but also the nails and scalp.Ringworm of the skin starts as a red, scaly patch or bump. Ringworm tends to be very itchy and uncomfortable. Over time, it may begin to look like a ring or a series of rings with raised, bumpy, scaly borders (the center is often clear). This ring pattern gave ringworm its name, but not every person who's infected develops the rings.Fortunately, ringworm is fairly easy to diagnose and treat. Doctors usually can diagnose ringworm based on how it looks, but sometimes will scrape off a small sample of the flaky infected skin to test for fungus.If you do have ringworm, your doctor will recommend an antifungal medication. A topical ointment or cream usually takes care of skin infections, but ringworm of the scalp or nails requires oral antifungal medication. Your doctor will decide which treatment is best for you
Check into Pityriasis Rosea. It starts out as a patch that expands over a few days, and looks like a scaly pink oval. Lesions can be in various forms and can be difficult to diagnose. It is associated with human herpesvirus-6 and 7.Here is the link to treatment:http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1815.h...Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net