Saturday, October 31, 2009

All those questions about having a numb arm, but person asking has no health insuranace. Please Read and help!

Last tuesday around midnight, my anterior right arm went numb from shoulder down to thumb and pointer finger. Now, my hand is tingly numb, anterior forearm is fully numb, and I cant get complete control of my right bicep at all. As in, i cant completely flex it or get maybe 50% strength out of it. Its been about a week now. Now, being I have no health insurance, i did what research on my own i could and it seems to be a nerve problem. Pinched or compressed. Either way, I feel it has to be somewhat serious and most sites or info ive seen recommends a neurologist. Is this right? Would taking Advil to reduce possible inflammation of nerves help at all?Please tell me anything you can that can maybe relieve me or help me in some way.
Answer:
I certainly agree that your symptoms sound like a compressed nerve...the source of the problem is likely either from the vertebrae...or possibly the collar bone pressing on a nerve between it and the ribs. You could try some deep tissue massage and see if that helps, but if it doesn't your next stop does need to be a doctor. It doesn't have to be a neurologist, though...just a General Practitioner. He/She needs to evaluate it through x-rays before deciding where you need to be referred. You don't want to wait too long to see if it goes away, because if it is a compressed nerve, prolonged compression could permanently damage it.
sleep on it wrong maybe?
Any numbness that has lasted a week needs to be checked by a doctor. Almost all cities have a "county" hospital, with a clinic that charges based on what you can afford. Seek medical attention as soon as possible because you do not want to have permanent damage.
This link might be of some helphttp://groups.msn.com/arayofhope/yourweb...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net