Saturday, October 31, 2009

Allot of pain, please help me?

I went to the ER last night, and they said I had an ear infection in both ears, and they gave me some Penicilin and some decongestant (As the infection is from my tubes not draining correctly). This morning I went back because the pain was really bothering me, and they told me I had Strep on top of that. Each time I told them that I was really hurting and that the pain was almost unbearable. They basicailly told me to suck it up and take motrin. I have been taking motrin and tylenol. Nothing is making me feel any better. Please do you have any home remidy suggestions?? Im really uncomfortable.
Answer:
pain is relative -each person feels it differently. you have a very low pain threshold. use advil every 6 hrs and tylenol every 4 hours. relax, take your meds, and stay hydrated. massage is a great way to help pain, too. be sure to follow up with your doctor in a week.
After having many many many ear infections in my life, I can tell you that heat will make it feel better. Put you a wet hand towel in the microwave and get it warm and hold it on your ear...or better yet get a heating pad on low and lie with your ear on it. It will feel better if you dont lie down. Sit up right will keep it from hurting so bad. They sell ear drops at Wal Mart for babies with ear aches it is suppose to numb the pain. I have never used them but it is suppose to work..
olive oil and water mixed on a cotton ball. I know sounds wierd but my mom did it to us when we were kids and it helped.
I grew up with regular ear infections that hurt a lot. I always had to use a heating pad to get any relief. Not too hot though. Put it kind of behind the ear and down the neck. Be careful though, I got addicted to the heating pad. I use it constantly.
Your Eustachian tubes are infected and the full course of antibiotics should help if it bacterial in nature. Chewing gum might assist in equalizing pressure and in clearing the buildup of fluids. My doctor suggested that I pinch my nose and with closed mouth, VERY gently repeatedly suck and blow. BE CAREFUL doing this; if it hurts stop.
Remember to take all your antibiotic even if you feel you are recovering before they are finished.
for one, DO NOT combine those meds,take ibuprofen or the other. it Will take a few days for the antibiotic to work.
strep is usually taken care of in the same manner (anti's) .
this is not a quick "stop the pain now " program. in a day or two you should be o.k.
Take a rubber water bottle and fill it with hot water, now put a cloth over top of it. Then go lay down with your ear that hurts more on top of the cloth %26 that will loosen up the infection in your ear(do the same thing with your other ear)Take antibiotics and vitamin C for the strep and it will also help with the ear infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net