Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ahh! fire ant bites, how do i make them go away?

yesterday my i walked and sat in the grass with my friends barefoot and wearing shorts, and i got like 7 fire ant bites the back of my lower thigh and like 15 bites on my left foot, now my foot and my thigh are both really swollen and red and the skin feels really tight and like on fire, what do i do to make it go away fast?
Answer:
The bites or the ants? If you want to make the ants go away, sprinkle boric acid (or diazanon if you can find it) around foundation of the home. If the bites, I would say rubbing alcohol and /or calamine lotion. If they don't go down soon then please please seek medical help. Fire ants are nasty
Rubbing alcohol will help with them. The other thing you can do is put some calamine lotion on them.
Rub Alcohol on it, trust me I live in Florida
Try rubbing alcohol on it. Thats what ive always used and im allergic to them. it may burn alittle but it should help. if not for the swelling and itching try a rub on cream for itching.
Buy some preparation h and apply to bites. it is safe and reduces swelling and itching. if irritation continues consult physician. donalore
living in Florida, I have had plenty of experience. First of all DO NOT SCRATCH. Use a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol and rub it all over the bites to keep them from itching and to reduce the swelling. Also rubbing a little hydrocortisone gel on them helps too. If the swelling and pain gets too out of hand, you may have to go to the hospital. My stepmother was lifting sod and ants pretty much demolished her hands and they were swollen so tight it almost looked like she had boxing gloves on. She apparently had an allergic reaction or something to the ant bites and had to be put on medication for a short amount of time because of it.so be careful!
I know this sounds extremely weird (and you're probably thinking I'm crazy) but bleach. dot a cotton ball and put bleach on every bite. believe me - my crazy great-aunt soaked me in it once when I was little and fell in a pile and had bites all over my body.
A paste of baking soda and water should help
Vinegar? Benedryl cream?
baking soda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net