Sunday, October 25, 2009

Acid reflux??

i went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago with stomache pains and they told me that i had acid reflux. they told me to take prilosec and they prescribed me sucralfate. i still get mad pains in my stomache though whenever i eat fried foods. does anyone know how long i should wait before i try to eat fried foods again??
Answer:
I'm assuming your doctor ruled out gallbladder problems as the cause of your stomach pain. If that's the case I would try to eat fried foods in small amounts and see how your stomach tolerates it.
You need to cut out the fried foods since this seems to aggrivate your condition. Is it really that hard to cut out fried foods and go for baked or broiled instead?
I find your Doctors diagnosis interesting.
Do you actually have "heartburn" where stomach acid shoots up into your throat? Or do you have a burning sensation up through your esophagus?
That is acid reflux. I've lived with it for 25+ years. I did find out a long time ago I have a hiatal hernia which is most of my problem.
I've had the long cocktail of prescription drugs over the years from Tagamet , Zantac, Prilosec, Nexium, and currently once a day Prilosec OTC.
I found my worst reflux was during the night from like 3:00AM on until breakfast. So I began taking my daily dose like 1-2 hours before bedtime and like WOW, now I can sleep without being bothered with this condition.
If you were not properly tested for the Helicobactor pylori bacteria I would question whether you actually have any ulcerations at all.
When you speak of having difficulty eating fried foods, then a red flag goes up in my thoughts.
Have you been checked for a possible Gallbladder problem/condition? This could be the underlying cause of your stomach symptoms. Take this thought seriously.
You could have been misdiagnosed fairly easily.
I've had endoscopy's and colonoscopy's both and do so every 5 years. I started at about age 40 a few years ago.
IF you have had no previous stomach problems at all you should really consider that the cause may still be going untreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net