Saturday, October 31, 2009

Alternative sleep methods?

I work 3 jobs 7 days a week then clean my house, do odd jobs, work in the lawn, etc. when I'm home. Despite all of this, I can't seem to fall asleep before midnight even though I need to be awake at 6:30 a.m. When I finally fall asleep, I am so tired in the morning I don't want to even get up. I feel like I'm not sleeping well at all, even though I am physically tired after working all the time. Are there some good methods to help me fall asleep aside from medication? Like sleeping on my stomach instead of my back, or sleeping updside down? I don't care if I have to drink something or take an herbal remedy before bedtime, I just don't want to resort to sleeping pills or anything habit-forming. I would just like some restorative sleep for once.
Answer:
warm glass of milk before bed. drink it slowly. count backwards from like 500 too..haha these are just a few things that i do when I can't sleep. I've had trouble sleeping on and off my whole life :-P
try getting some of the crazy stree out of your life, man. stress from all that work is gonna kill ya.
Holy jeez. You can't fall asleep because you are wound up from working 3 jobs. Work at 1 full time job and do a hobby or something fun to help you unwind. Then you will be able to relax and sleep. Also if you absolutely need to you can take a regular dose of benedryl.. that makes your body relax a little and take the edge off. That was recommended to me by my doc.
I would recommend just going to a sleeping doctor. They could probably try to figure out what's wrong with your sleeping patterns. They'll probably just say for you to watch out what lighting you are using and not to use the computer a few hours before bedtime. Stuff like that. But either way, it'll help. And there are some prescription sleep meds out there that are non-habit forming. But if you don't want to do that, go to walgreens.com and look around for some OTC ones. I'm sure they're on there too.
Tylenol PM is non habit forming and it works really well without making you groggy in the morning.If you're really open minded, you could go see an acupuncturist. My mother swears by acupuncture, its helped her with a number of issues, including insomnia.
theres an herbal medication called valerian. buy some of these at your local pharmacy, but be sure to discuss any other medications you may be taking with the pharmacist behind the counter.
I guess you are showing signs of insomnia already. I would suggest to go - "YOGA" If you dont know much about it, its a form of meditation to distress and bring down energy levels practised since ages and originated from I believe - India
Jeesh.Sounds like adrenelin.Its still pumping.Slow down.Breath and quit overloading.Your body is pushing so hard to get it all done it isn't slowing down and when it does your going to drop.
I've heard the best thing is to have a regular routine at bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net