Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ahhh-chooo! help! i have a cold..any advice?


Answer:
Try the above ideas or boil up a bit of water and add lime and lemon juice with a bit of honey and sugar. The taste is great and it helps a lot when I have colds.
drink loads of hot chocolate and get lots of rest. :)
Oil of oregano...expensive
Vitamin C (large dose) and echinacea to reduce the severity.It's better to try to prevent than cure the common cold by using the above.Hope you get better soon.
I swear by zinc lozenges and hot tea w/ lemon. I use zinc the minute I feel a cold coming on. Works well
Hey, hope you get better soon. I total agree that hot chocolate is the answer. But so you don't then put on a load of weight(!), perhaps balance that with a diet of loads of fresh fruit and vegetables. This should help to make you feel healthy again soon.
vitamin c and zinc, tea, and rest- and you'll knock it out
Please disregard the predjudiced a-- who left the first message...hope HE gets a cold!
Use OTC allergy meds...a cold is the same thing as an allergy reaction.your body is reacting to a cold virus. Don't spend large amts. of money for those "Cold Cures".Benedryl (or a generic equivelant) is just as good! Do drink lots of fluids and keep some antibacterial hand stuff handy so you don't pass it on to others. Hands are the major culprit in passing germs. Hope ya feel better soon!
hot drink tea with lemon is good plus Aspirin tablet or Panadol for fever
Sore throat: Throat and cough dropsQuick recovery: Vitamin C throat or Vitamin C cough drops are excellent...usu. in citrus flavorsFever: Tylenol, Advil, etc. Use over-the-counter meds, not prescription unless recommended by your doctor(s).Headache: You can't beat Advil Liqui-gels for fast and effective headache relief...thats like all i use!Other:Tea and aromatherapy helps too..get someone to go to Bath and Body Works and get Lavender aromatherapy bottles and then put it in a dish and leave it in your bedroom, etc. This helps you sleep and will clear your nasal passages. Also, get a humidifier, this will also help with stuffy noses.Good luck in getting rid of your cold! and as someone else said, DISREGARD THAT IDIOT WHO LEFT THE FIRST MESSAGE, HE'S JUST GOING TO MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE. Hope my advice helps!
For the cheap way go to the grocery store and get a gallon of orange juice and a box of Alika seltzer plus. Get lots of rest and drink the orange juice all day until you don't want to look at an orange LOL Take the Alika tablets (2) right now and (2) in the evening. I bet cha you will feel much better on Saturday the cold may even be gone. Trust me it works for me and lots of my friends all the time.
The first idiot has been reported by many people - what a loser.Now - the cold.stay warm (but not overheated) and get lots of rest - stay off work/school if you need to.Drink lots of fluids, eat when you feel like it. Take nice warm showers to help with body aches and pains and to help loosen any phlegm. Take panadol or panadeine or similar for any headaches or body aches and pain. For a sore throat, try one of those throat gargles that stop pain - if you can't go to a chemist to get one of those, then warm water with salt does just as well. Change your sheets and jammies often if you are sweating a lot. Make sure you wash your hands every time you cough into them or blow your nose. Take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon!!
Hello Momentaryinsanity
Several years ago, I had a barking cough, stopping me from having a good nights sleep for over 6 weeks.
I went to the quacks three times... finally being told to let it run it's course.
I told the doc in no uncertain terms that over 6 weeks for a really bad cold was out of the ordinary.
I left the clinic fuming.
Popped into the petshop to get some bits, and the owner took one look at me and said Echinacae.
I said what on earth is that?
She said, it tastes like pond water, but it works.
I had 拢6 on me, and the chemist charged me 拢5.99... leaving me skint.
I took it home, covered the bottom of a glass with drops and added barely tepid water as directed.
Before my wife come home,I had another go of it.
I told her about it, and she said to me... have you noticed something?
You have stopped coughing.
I had tried all sorts of pills potions whiskey/brandy cough drops... and nothing worked.
From having had two bouts each year, I have been clear for over 4 years now... thanks only to Echinacae.
Try it... because it builds your immune system and really works.
Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net