Saturday, October 31, 2009

After I started stretching for the side splits when I get up from sitting my inner thighs pop. What's wrong?

It really hurts...and it happens almost everytime after sitting down for a while...why is this happening? Do some people not have the right bone structure for side splits?
Answer:
You may have stretched too hard in a short period of time. Like anything, it takes time and the best is to go slowly and a little at a time to avoid injury. Take a break a couple of days and if it continues for over a week, have it checked by a doctor. Unless there is a birth abnormality, anyone could potentially train for the splits. It's of course not really "normal" human position but with proper technique and stretching it is possible for most people. I had a similar experience with my right hip joint, for awhile it had an awkward feeling and felt a little off position when I used to stretch for gymnastics. Even today my right hip joint feels "looser" than my left, but there is no pain.
this is a common occurence for people with arthitis.you can find out with a blood test.
Are you sure it is your inner thighs popping? It doesn't seem to me that there is anything that can pop in the femur except the hips. The intertrochanter, the ball of the femur that fits into the hip socket can pop and dislocate. Like they say if it hurts that badly don't do it. Girls can have big problems later in life if they abuse their hip sockets when they are younger. Been there done that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net