Sunday, October 25, 2009

A way of reliving muscle cramp?

Does anyone know a way of helping muscle cramp in the feet and legs, expecially at night? I get so much agony when I get it in my shins or calves. Any suggestions?
Answer:
Try raisins they are a good source of potassium more then bananas, to help while it's happening pull your toes towards your nose to stretch your calves.
I used to have this problem all the time and it was because I didn't drink enough water. Hurts like hell. The most likely causes of a muscle cramp are low potassium (eat a banana), low salt, and dehydration.
My dad gets leg cramps. His Doc suggested Vitamin E. He takes one 400 I.U. gelcap a day. It has helped. I also remember bad leg cramps while pregnant. Doc told me to eat a banana every day and to take extra calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net